Meeting Minutes – December 1, 2016
December 1, 2016 – PSFA Meeting Minutes
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance, and Welcome. Meeting called to order at 6:43. PSFA Officers in attendanc: Jody Sackett, (2018), Sharon Jemas (2019), Lucie Dickenson (2019) and Therese Heidelberger (2019). 32 members/students in attendance.
- Co-President Report. Janice Quattrocchi and Jody Sackett: Jody spoke about the agenda & meeting minutes now being online for all to see, so that PSFA members can view upcoming activities. Also this is the first Mingle & Jingle event for a December PSFA Meeting.
- Approval of October 6, 2016 Minutes: Motion to approve Minutes: Anne Sasso, Sorca Gill seconded. Minutes approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: Therese Heidelberger.: We are above budget goal for Annual Donation Campaign contributions. The CHS “swag” at meeting today, was paid for in advance by PSFA. December PSFA budget report was not able to be approved at meeting, as we were unable to distribute copies of report.
- Corresponding Secretary’s Report: Jody Sackett spoke for Anthony Quattrocchi. Wine & Design fundraiser at Pinot’s Palette night was a success, and we received a thank-you from them.
- CHS Student Government Association Report: Mark DiSingna. CHS apparel is now for sale, as is the car magnet. Information sessions are complete and the new format for these sessions worked well. Career Day is scheduled for tomorrow 12/2, organized by Skills USA. Coffee House is scheduled for 12/9. Sara Lynch spoke for the Skills USA students and gave a gift basket to the PSFA for their DGR. Jody Sackett, on behalf of PSFA, donated 17 cinch bags to the Skills USA for their speakers at Career Day.
- Committee Reports:
- Fundraising: Sharon Jemas.: DGR is set for March 25. Invitations will be mailed in January , and committee is working on webpage, so that reservations can be made online. Looking for help with solicitation. All are invited to help wrap baskets at Jody’s home. Mini Golf fundraiser will be Friday May 12 from 6-9pm at Monmouth Park Racetrack. The Wine & Design was a great success and made $500. CHS swag for sale in person tonight and by order, Jody discussed all items available for purchase.
- Hospitality: Dania Bruneau, Lang Holtz and Sorca Gill Thank You for the many food donations for the Mingle & Jingle this evening.
- Membership/Directory: Jessica Evans & Tina Cavazzoni. No report.
- Enrichment/Education: The next SAT class will be offered in March.. Ann Sasso spoke about Driver’s Ed that will run 1/25/16 – 3/29/16. 15 students to date. Still looking for a few chaperones. Class is full.
- Alumni: Vivien Chang and Carol Pardee . Committee continues to update records. Email blasts have been sent.
- Public Relations: No new news.
- Principal Gleason: Career Day tomorrow (12/2), there will be an adjusted schedule so all students can attend. Next week is the NHS & NTHS inductions. Coffee House scheduled for 12/9, all invited to come out and see the talent. NAHS trip is schedule for Jan 15th to the MET. Four students won the Congressional App Challenge from CHS and they are going to Washington DC competition in the spring. The New Mural is making progress on the wall, created by the NAHS. PSAT scores to be released on Monday 12/5.
- Unfinished Business: No unfinished business.
- New Business: Mingle & Jingle immediately following this meeting. Thank you from the Debate Club for the PSFA’s $1000 grant.
- Adjourn Formal Meeting: Sorca Gill motioned to adjourn meeting, Janet Pepsin seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm